Welcome to our first week of events part of the You are Here: Belonging Project. This project explores themes central the identity of English-Speaking Quebecers in 6 regions across the province. The first theme we will be exploring is history, where our Youth Cultural Ambassadors representing each of the 6 regions have created an event and invited you to join the conversation!
Our Youth Cultural Ambassadors in the Montreal region will be exploring the history of the Little Burgundy neighbourhood. It will feature a presentation of a recorded interview with a local historian and it will be followed by discussion period.
Please register below to receive the Zoom link for the event.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE REGISTERING:
Participant Consent form
By registering to the following event I agree to the following:
The following form states that I consent to participate in Y4Y Quebec’s “You are Here” project. The project is hosted by the Y4Y Quebec organization, and interviews are conducted by Youth Cultural Ambassadors (YCAs), who are employed by Y4Y Quebec.
As a Participant, I agree to the following: I acknowledge that any information I provide during virtual and phone meetings with project representatives may be used for various purposes in the context of the “You are Here” project. The information and personal experiences that I may share are intended to support the YCAs’ efforts to increase their peers’ knowledge of local English-speaking community heritage and history.
The information I provide may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To help YCAs in the planning and creation of local events
- To be shared in the course of public events
- In external promotional materials such as the Y4Y Newsletter, Y4Y Website, or organization’s social media platform (Slack, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- In the “Final Event”, which will be hosted by the YCAS and presented to the public
- In an official report and/or informal publications about the “You Are Here” project
I hereby grant the Youth Cultural Ambassadors and Y4Y Staff my permission to:
- With adequate forewarning, occasionally take screenshots of virtual meetings for the purpose of internal and external communications (promotional materials, staff meetings, reports, and publications)
- Use images for YCAs’ events, and the “Final Event”
- Make copies of images to use for reports or publications
Note to Participant: If you have any questions about the “You are Here” project, or any concerns please contact Holly Nadeau, Project Coordinator, Y4Y Quebec, (514) 612-2895, 5964 av. Notre-Dame-de-Grace Suite 204,Montreal, QC, H4A 1N1.